Sep 8, 2016
"I just have this zest for life, I guess. It's not always easy, I can tell you that. It's a choice. A moment by moment choice" - Shannon
"Unless you're about to fly me somewhere or pay me something, you don't need to know how old I am" - Shannon
Did stand up for youth christian highschool kids, no wonder she felt she didn't do so well.
Why we don't really care if our family and friends come out to see our stand up.
Shannon is live streaming comedy for sonicbox up to seven hours, daily. Not porn-actually! People listen all day at work, and she's actually developing a fan base.
This video "The Struggle is Real" about online dating!
"I don't believe in god outside of us" - Shannon on asking for energetic help when she needs it.
She grew up in a non-denominational christian church with gospel and shaming, "Beat you up type church." It felt so wrong to her that the pastor was driving a Cadillac from multiple passings of the collection plat--and the toilets in the church didn't flush.
"In order to not feel bad about all the wrongs all the time, we have to make fun of it to ourselves"-Lisa
Shannon was way more interested in having intelligent conversations with the grown ups and they were always telling her to get out and play.
She came to LA to be an actor, but didn't believe it could be a practical career for her, so she worked in casting.
"I will make the rules in life as long as it's kindness" - Lisa
"I'm learning about myself, by who I want to be around" - Shannnon
"What is it about me, that I see in him?" - Shannon
It's not necessary to be the broke actor, casting is such a weird crap shoot, you can't get caught up in it because it's a numbers lottery.
"If the job is yours, it was always yours. If you didn't book it, it was never yours." - Shannon
"I never let one thing be my source." Shannon on moving on when her jobs weren't working out.
Shannon grew up half in Evanston, IL "Moral-Obama-Black sort of thing, street but sweet" - Shannon
"I think all my high school friends who thought I was weird think I'm cool now"- Lisa + Shannon
She followed her boyfriend to college in Madison, and he broke up with her right before school started!
Last boyfriend was a minister of new thought, old wisdom and was super manipulative. After they were together for 3-4 years, he turned around and said something completely different.
Manifesting manipulation: Trump seems pretty happy with all his money, even though he does horrible things.
Online dating doesn't work for us. "They are always much shorter than they say" but it's okay because her friends fix her up all the time.
The Four Man Plan by Cindy Lewis - That book did not work for Shannon. It was way too much work, even though getting the date wasn't the hard part.
"He tried to kiss me and I wanted to throw up" - Shannon on dating against your type and forcing it.
"So do you think he was farting out of anger?" - Lisa
"You don't want me, and I'm good with that- I want everyone in the whole world to like me, and that is bad." - Lisa
"I don't feel bad at all, cause I dodged the bullet" - Shannon on guys being mean after she turns them down.
"If someone doesn't like you, it has everything to do with them, nothing to do with you" - Shannon
"Even Beyonce gets cheated on" - Lisa
"No one is exempt" - Shannon from real life pain, like cheating.
Judd Apatow telling her a sarcastic "Good luck with that." Re: stand up, lit the fire under her.
"I gave up fighting for things that aren't mine" - Shannon
The sheer will to live life fully expressed - where does that come from? Rough childhood and knowing the most horrible things have happened already.
When everything is full of love and like a dream, it makes her feel like "I want the experience of having a husband and child" - Shannon
When her best friend got married, she wasn't jealous, but she saw the beauty of her love and wanted it for herself.
After the farting guy, she just decided not to date. That's a real talent, he should be on america's got talent.
"Passive aggressive farting is not something you want in a relationship" - Lisa
How are you going to die? Old age, just not waking up one day.
"Par for the course of being Jewish is that you just think a lot about how you're going to die. And you think whenever anything in your body hurts, its because you're dying. It's the Woody Allen Syndrome." - Lisa
yellow - happy
bluebird - joy
toast - ew!
love - I can't wait to find the one
giggles - you keep making me giggle
eyebrows - oh they better be on point all the time!
paris - that's where I want to go next year, I can't wait to visit by myself
sombrero - back to Mexico
Chinese food - hot and sour soup
pizza - gluten free
jewels - LOVE
color - always a splash of color
mountains - can't wait to climb as many of them as possible
From your computer:
1. Open the iTunes software on your desktop. (Not the web version.)
2. In the search bar (upper right-hand corner), type in “Honestly Lisa”.
3. Click on our album cover that pops up towards the bottom of the screen. 4. This will take you to the homepage for our show, but make sure you don’t accidentally select one of our individual episodes instead.
5. Right under the show description, you’ll see three tabs. “Ratings & Reviews” is the second one listed, and this is the one you want to click on.
6. On that page, there should be a button called “Write A Review” and if you click there, it will hopefully let you create a post with your thoughts!
From your iPhone:
1. Open the “podcast” app that comes pre-installed on all current apple smartphone devices.
2. In the lower right-hand corner, you’ll click on the magnifying glass “search” button and type in “marriage is funny”.
3. Click on our album cover that pops up towards the bottom of the screen. This will take you to the homepage for our show, but make sure you don’t accidentally select one of our individual episodes instead.
4. Select the “reviews” tab toward the top of the screen, and you’ll see a purple “Write a Review” button on the next page.
5. It might ask you to log in to your iTunes account, but otherwise, this will open a form where you can enter your thoughts!